Path of Exile: The Awakening – Official Full Launch on July 10th
Grinding Gear Games, developer of the critically acclaimed action RPG Path of Exile, today announced that their largest expansion to date, ‘The Awakening,’ will launch on Friday, July 10th. The Awakening has had an incredible Closed Beta period with unprecedented player and press support. Act Four is finally here, giving players a spectacular new experience in the dark world of Wraeclast.
This week, Grinding Gear Games unveiled the complete version of Act Four, containing new areas, monsters, six boss fights, five previously unannounced skills, 13 end-game maps, two challenge leagues and a climactic multi-stage encounter with Path of Exile’s new end boss!
A brand-new launch trailer with never-before-seen combat footage and exclusive screenshots are also being released today giving insight into the many new features, items, skills and boss fights. More information can be found at https://www.pathofexile.com/theawakening
In The Awakening, players will experience a fantastic amount of new content including:
- Act IV Is Here! Act IV continues Path of Exile’s storyline. The time has finally come to venture into the center of corruption itself and drive a blade through its black heart.
- Explore Beyond Highgate: For the first time since launch, The Awakening introduces completely new areas, monsters and end-game maps to expand the world of Wraeclast.
- Defeat Legendary Bosses: Experience climactic boss encounters with characters from Wraeclast’s past such as Shavronne, Doedre, Malachai and many more.
- Powerful New Skill Gems: With new classes of skills such as elemental Golems that fight by your side, warcries and several new support gems, players are able to create new clever and intricate builds.
- Socketable Passive Tree: Collect and craft Jewels that can be socketed into the Passive Tree to drastically change the tree itself.
- Masses of New Gear: Find more than 110 new Unique Items and discover an entirely new set of equipment, the Maraketh Weapons.
- User Experience Improvements: Extensive user interface improvements, added more customization options and implemented many community-suggested changes.
As part of increasing global popularity and growth, Path of Exile: The Awakening will be releasing simultaneously in Russia, Taiwan and Singapore with a view to further localization in Europe and South America later this year.
Grinding Gear Games has a ten-year vision for Path of Exile and The Awakening marks the most significant content update in the two years since release so far.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Skyforge Prepares for Closed Beta Testing
- A new producer's letter on the Skyforge community website has begun to lay out the plans for Skyforge's upcoming beta tests.
- Infinite Crisis: New Champion; Atomic Wonder Woman
- Get an extensive look at Atomic Wonder Woman, the newest Champion available in Infinite Crisis, the upcoming free-to-play MOBA from Turbine ba...
Videos You May Enjoy
- MMOHuts Weekly Recap #102 Sept 2 - Battle of the Immortals, C9, Brawl Busters, Marvel Heroes, & More