Paradox Brings Some Common Sense to Europa Universalis IV on June 9th
Thomas Paine’s Common Sense was the best selling pamphlet of Revolutionary America. Paradox’s Common Sense won’t tear down the pretensions of monarchy like Paine’s did, but it will give Europa Universalis IV new tools so players can manage the growth of their domains. With a focus on the art of ruling and national improvement, Common Sense adds depth to domestic rule and adds a number of major changes to diplomacy.
The most significant modification in Common Sense is the new provincial development system. Building space in a province is now limited by its terrain and Development Value. The more developed a province is, the greater wealth and power you can squeeze out of it. By spending monarch points, you can now customize your trading hubs or make great recruiting centers. Fewer, more powerful buildings means that every decision about construction has greater importance – if you want a manufactory and have no building slots in Champagne, what will you destroy?
Watch the teaser trailer here.
Other major features include:
• Parliaments: The English crown and other constitutional systems of government can now use their flexible system to pass laws through parliaments
• National Churches: Protestant kingdoms can customize their new faith and make it a true partner to the throne.
• New Religious Systems: Buddhism and Protestantism both get fresh coats of faith-based paint
• New Options For Subject States: Once just tiny money faucets, recent expansions have made vassals and colonial nations more useful. Common Sense gives you new tools to exploit them or keep them in line
• Government Ranks: As you invest in the development of your nation, you can climb from a small duchy to a major empire, unlocking new benefits.
• New Government mechanics: Theocracies will have new actions and mechanics to highlight their unique character, and the Holy Roman Empire can create Free Cities
As always, Common Sense will be accompanied by a host of free updates and improvements – including some significant changes to the map of Europe.
Common Sense will be available on major digital platforms on June 9, 2015.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rappelz Epic 9.4 Arrives September 27
- Webzen has announced that Rappelz Epic 9.4, "The Expedition," will launch on September 27.
- Tree of Savior Begins Search for Korean CBT Players, Confirms F2P
- Confirmed free to play, and Korean CBT applications open.
- Trails of Ascension: Big Update Coming Soon
- The ToA team has been extremely busy testing their upcoming demo for about a month now. Just over a month ago, they invited our champions, her...