Overwatch Competitive Play Now Live
Overwatch is getting new game mode: Competitive Play. It is available right now on PC, and will be arriving soon on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Competitive Play is designed for those who truly want to put their skills to the test, and offers a more serious experience than Quick Play or Weekly Brawl! modes. To make sure everyone has a solid understanding of the game’s mechanics, maps, and heroes, Competitive Play will be locked until level 25.
Before starting the competitive career, every new player must first complete 10 placement matches in order to obtain their initial skill rating. This rating will be a number between 1 and 100, with higher values indicating a greater skill level. Skill ratings will be visible at the beginning of every match. As you compete, your rating will increase or decrease with each win or loss based on a number of factors, including your own performance and the skill of the other players in the match.
Competitive Play will consist of four seasons, each lasting two and a half months. During that time, players can increase their skill rating and battle their way up the ranks before the stats are reset at the end of the season. This is followed by a two-week offseason, after which a new season will commence, beginning with a new set of placement matches. The names of these seasons, along with their schedule, will mirror the seasons in the northern hemisphere—and the Summer 2016 season is already underway!
In addition to experiencing the thrill of victory, players can earn new rewards that are only available through Competitive Play. At the end of a season, anyone who has completed the 10 placement matches will receive a special spray and player icon, with a new set of designs being released every season. On top of that, the weapons locker is about to get a little shinier. As you win matches, you’ll earn Competitive Points. Based on your performance, you’ll also receive a number of points at the end of the season. These Competitive Points can be exchanged for cosmetic Golden Weapons for your heroes. At some point during each season, we’ll also activate a leaderboard system that will highlight the top 500 players on your platform.
Articles You May Enjoy
- The Walking Dead: March to War Council System Reveal
- Michael Leoncavallo, the Senior Game Designer of The Walking Dead: March to War, has revealed new details about the Council System.
- Elsword Ushers in New Era of Skills
- As part of the new skill system, every character will gain brand new skills, as well as a chance to reallocate their skill tree points to take...
- Tree of Savior: Fan Site Reveals Class & Companion Info
- Our partner TreeofSaviorGame.com has sorted through the information for Tree of Savior and presented a summary of the four base classes.