Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
Now every piece of equipment will have an associated “volatility” number. When a unit is destroyed, its volatility will be calculated to impact its knockback distance, shockwave radius, and damage. Damage and knockback distance will also factor in distance from the exploding unit.
Some units may also have special volatility which can add special attributes that will linger after the explosion. These can include electrical volatility, which causes loss of control, discharge, and misfires; plasma volatility, which causes damage over time; acidic volatility, which permanently reduces armor over time; and nuclear volatility, which incapacitates.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Overwatch Competitive Play Now Live
- Overwatch is getting new game mode: Competitive Play. It is available right now on PC, and will be arriving soon on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- PAX South 2016 - Atari Spotlight
- Atari made a bold showing at PAX South 2016, showing off not one, not two, but three titles in the works.
- Neverwinter PS4 Launches July 19
- Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios announced today that Neverwinter PS4 will launch July 19.