Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
Now every piece of equipment will have an associated “volatility” number. When a unit is destroyed, its volatility will be calculated to impact its knockback distance, shockwave radius, and damage. Damage and knockback distance will also factor in distance from the exploding unit.
Some units may also have special volatility which can add special attributes that will linger after the explosion. These can include electrical volatility, which causes loss of control, discharge, and misfires; plasma volatility, which causes damage over time; acidic volatility, which permanently reduces armor over time; and nuclear volatility, which incapacitates.
Articles You May Enjoy
- FireFall Counts Down to Launch with DevBlog
- the first order of business seems to be a directional shift from the overly complex to more of a "keep it simple, stupid" approach t...
- The Unique Game Experience of Viridis Unveiled
- The digital arts association Oudeis, with the development team of VIRIDIS, are pleased to unveil the universe of VIRIDIS.
- Heavy Metal Machines Debuts Full Metal Judge
- Today Heavy Metal Machines introduces a deadly new character: Full Metal Judge, aka "The Red Blight."