Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
Now every piece of equipment will have an associated “volatility” number. When a unit is destroyed, its volatility will be calculated to impact its knockback distance, shockwave radius, and damage. Damage and knockback distance will also factor in distance from the exploding unit.
Some units may also have special volatility which can add special attributes that will linger after the explosion. These can include electrical volatility, which causes loss of control, discharge, and misfires; plasma volatility, which causes damage over time; acidic volatility, which permanently reduces armor over time; and nuclear volatility, which incapacitates.
Articles You May Enjoy
- WildStar C.R.E.D.D. System Now Live
- Carbine has today released WildStar's C.R.E.D.D. system, an alternate payment model for players.
- SkySaga Alpha Impressions
- I had a chance to test the alpha version of SkySaga, to see if this voxel underdog can stand with giants.
- F1 2014 Speeds into Stores
- Codemasters® today announced that F1 2014 has raced into retail and onto digital stores today, Friday 17th October, for the Xbox 360® video ...