New World Interactive Unleashes INSURGENCY On Steam Today
Indie developer New World Interactive (NWI) is proud to announce the launch of its tactical, team-based first-person shooter INSURGENCY available on Steam. The intense online FPS, that PC Gamer calls “a ridiculously good time,” aims to distill one of the most popular gaming genres to its essence. INSURGENCY is available now for PC and Mac OS X, now at the sale price of $13.49 for a limited time from today, January 22, until Tuesday, January 28, a 10% discount from the SRP of $14.99. INSURGENCY will launch on Linux later this year. NWI has issued a statement to their community regarding their pricing, seen here.
“We’re very excited about the progress we’ve made over the past nine months,” said Jeremy Blum, founder and game director of New World Interactive, who was instrumental in the success of the award-winning mods Red Orchestra and Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. “Early Access allowed us to build a community and actualize the full potential of our game, that otherwise would not be possible to reach this moment. We are very grateful for our dedicated fans that have remained loyal through this process.”
“This milestone release marks the end of the Early Access phase, since we have discovered the right direction and created a foundation for the game from months of experimentation, years of experience, and a decade envisioning what this gameplay experience should be,” said Andrew Spearin, designer and community manager of Insurgency and the co-founder of Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat. “Today, we look forward to unveiling what we have to the world, allowing more players to join our rapidly growing community and help evolve the game as we polish, refine, and build on top of the framework we have established.” NWI continues to update the game and has DLC plans included in the full price.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wildstar: Carbine addresses population issues w/ upcoming Megaservers
- Recently during Carbine Studio's "Nexus Report" for WildStar, officials have released details regarding the server population i...
- Goliath Summertime Gnarkness DLC Available Today
- Goliath: Summertime Gnarkness is now available for free to everyone who already owns Goliath.
- Planet Calypso: Halloween Mayhem 2014 Now Available
- Planet Calypso AB, operator of the longest established planet in the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (MMORCE), announce...