New Wave of Game Shutdowns Announced
Despite all the new game launches and betas going into the PAX West week, it looks like some free-to-play games are closing their doors.
Ubisoft has announced four game shutdowns this week, with servers planned to sunset in October:
Microsoft also announced the shut down of the Russian Halo Online, which had not yet come West.
Finally Firefall, which has been silent for months with no updates from Red 5 Studios and no developer posts, has finally seemed to fade away entirely as the Firefall website (and Red 5 Studios’ as well) has gone offline. Red 5 Studios hit some trouble at the end of 2015 with unpaid staff and reorganizations announced in January, but it seems all efforts may have fully fallen through as even the login servers are now offline.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Supreme League of Patriots: Coming January 29th
- Phoenix Online Publishing and No Bull Intentions invite you to don your cape and mask and join the Supreme League of Patriots in this hilariou...
- Riders of Icarus Announces Final Closed Beta
- Beginning Thursday, June 2 and running through Tuesday, June 7, Nexon America is hosting a test for players in the west.
- SMG creates unique collaboration between Vevo and Wargaming.net
- London 3 February: LiquidThread, Starcom MediaVest Group’s branded content division, has created a unique partnership between Wargaming.net,...