New Phase for Firefall at Gamescom
Red 5 Studios announced today that the next phase for Firefall, the sandbox open-world shooter, will be unveiled at Gamescom, running Aug. 21-25. Firefall will be entering Stage 2 of Open Beta, having completed Stage 1 stress testing.
“We’re finally ready to unveil the exciting next concept for Firefall’s new stage of Open Beta. Players can expect that Firefall will once again push the envelope with MMOs,” said Mark Kern, CEO and founder of Red 5 Studios. “We’ve hinted at this feature in the past, but this is the first time we are ready to unveil all the details of this exciting new step for Firefall. The best part is that players will directly have a hand in shaping this new phase while playing the game. It’s a game changer for shooters, let alone MMOs”
Starting at Gamescom, Red 5 Studios will also be having a final sale on Firefall Starter Packs, offering a 25% percent discount on the $100 Starter Pack. Red 5 will be discontinuing the packs permanently when the sale ends, Aug. 31.
Kern added, “Players asked for Starter Packs to help support Firefall, and they were great. But now that we are transitioning to Stage 2 of Open Beta, we feel that they are no longer needed, and our efforts will be focused on new in-game cosmetic and convenience products. At Gamescom, we will be announcing two new major products for sale within the game that I am very excited to finally hand over to Firefall fans.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Revive Pirates of the Caribbean Movement Gains Steam
- Pirates of the Caribbean Online players have put together almost 2,000 signatures at revivepotco.org.
- Bigpoint Cuts Jobs and US Operations
- Bigpoint has made a major layoff that includes the shut down of its US operations in San Francisco.
- Gaming Tournaments Announced For SOE Live
- Sony Online Entertainment has announced the tournaments to be offered at SOE Live (previously Fan Faire) in October, with thousands in dollars...