New details about Phantasy Star Online 2
A recent media conference from Sega, held in Japan, offered new insights into the fate of Phantasy Star Online 2.
According to AndriaSang, the game will use a free-to-play MMO model, making it free to download and play with optional microtransactions. Sega also announced that iOS and Android are being added to the list of platforms that includes PC and PlayStation Vita. The smartphone versions will not be cross-platform, and will focus on simpler character creation, control, and gameplay elements, with additional social game elements attached.
Phantasy Star Online 2 is expected to launch for PC in Japan in early summer, for smartphone in winter, and for PS Vita in spring 2013. Closed beta will begin in April.
There is still no word as to whether Sega will release the game in the West.
Phantasy Star Online 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Square Enix and Bigpoint Team Up
- Square Enix and Bigpoint have announced they are teaming up for a new game, which is already well into development within Square Enix.
- ChronoBlade Preparing for North American Debut
- Side-scrolling “beat-em-up” action RPG ChronoBlade is getting ready for its North American debut.
- Worlds 2016: Grand Finals Recap
- In a stunning turn of events, the Grand Finals were not a stomp as predicted. The Samsung Galaxy vs. SK Telecom T1 fight for the summoner’s ...