New details about Phantasy Star Online 2
A recent media conference from Sega, held in Japan, offered new insights into the fate of Phantasy Star Online 2.
According to AndriaSang, the game will use a free-to-play MMO model, making it free to download and play with optional microtransactions. Sega also announced that iOS and Android are being added to the list of platforms that includes PC and PlayStation Vita. The smartphone versions will not be cross-platform, and will focus on simpler character creation, control, and gameplay elements, with additional social game elements attached.
Phantasy Star Online 2 is expected to launch for PC in Japan in early summer, for smartphone in winter, and for PS Vita in spring 2013. Closed beta will begin in April.
There is still no word as to whether Sega will release the game in the West.
Phantasy Star Online 2 Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Free-to-Play Week in Review - 10/16/2015
- Our editors are back after a one-week hiatus to tackle the latest news in free-to-play MMOs and online games!
- City of Titans Kickstarter Interview
- One year into the creation of the CoH spiritual successor Missing Worlds Media has come to the world to find support. Less than one week into ...
- Eden Eternal launches Diamond server
- Aeria Games has launched a new server for Eden Eternal: Diamond.