Neverwinter to be free-to-play
Cryptic Studios has revealed to IGN that its upcoming RPG, Neverwinter, will be transformed from a cooperative multiplayer game to a free-to-play MMO experience.
The plan – driven by Cryptic’s new owner, Perfect World Entertainment – will transform Neverwinter into an action MMORPG similar to Vindictus. Neverwinter will also use a modified version of the engine used in Star Trek Online and Champions Online. However, unlike those games, content packs will remain free – premium (paid) content will stick to consumables and cosmetics. The changes will also push the game’s release date back to later in 2012.
Neverwinter Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- SmashMuck Champions Announces Closed Beta
- Kiz Studios has announced that the closed beta for SmashMuck Champions has begun.
- Fractured Space Announces Beta Launch Date
- Fractured Space is scheduled to officially launch in beta on September 15, 2016.
- Total War: Attila 50 Turn Press Preview
- Historically speaking, the Huns came to the European kingdoms and showed no mercy. You will find similar merciless gameplay in Total War: Atti...