Neverwinter to be free-to-play
Cryptic Studios has revealed to IGN that its upcoming RPG, Neverwinter, will be transformed from a cooperative multiplayer game to a free-to-play MMO experience.
The plan – driven by Cryptic’s new owner, Perfect World Entertainment – will transform Neverwinter into an action MMORPG similar to Vindictus. Neverwinter will also use a modified version of the engine used in Star Trek Online and Champions Online. However, unlike those games, content packs will remain free – premium (paid) content will stick to consumables and cosmetics. The changes will also push the game’s release date back to later in 2012.
Neverwinter Gameplay Screenshot
Articles You May Enjoy
- Infinite Crisis: Gotham Divided Coming Soon
- Turbine announces Infinite Crisis will receive its first tri-lane map, Gotham Divided, on January 29.
- Earth Eternal Finds a Buyer, Won't Shut Down
- Earth Eternal developer Sparkplay media found a buyer! The game will not be shutting down! Another publisher will pick up the service.
- HeroWarz Closed Beta Now Live
- KOG Games, publishers of the acclaimed action epic Elsword, launch the closed beta for HeroWarz.