Neverwinter: Strongholds Coming to Xbox One Nov. 3
Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: Strongholds – the seventh expansion for the action MMORPG set in the Dungeons & Dragons’ Forgotten Realms universe from Wizards of the Coast – will arrive on Xbox One Nov. 3. In the game’s latest expansion, players will join other guild members to reclaim a derelict keep from the wild and rebuild it into a fortified stronghold on Neverwinter’s largest map.
Reminiscent of the wargaming tradition from which early Dungeons & Dragons evolved, Neverwinter: Strongholds empowers guilds to battle the surrounding environment for resources to customize and optimize their newly acquired home against threats. Build defenses both in and around strongholds using structures like archer towers to fend off attackers, while building siege structures to increase their ability to wage war against enemy guilds in the all new Siege PVP game mode, also available at launch.
Strongholds Siege is fought on a battleground created by combining two strongholds maps, doubling the scale and making it the largest map ever built. This creates a three-lane battlefield to support large-scale 20-vs-20, MOBA-like combat. The objective of this mode is to siege and destroy the enemy’s guild hall. Once the keep has been secured, guilds will work to solidify their foothold along the ranges of the Sword Coast.
As in the simulation style of Dungeons & Dragons, Strongholds gives players the chance to grow with their guild and gives members a new home to forge their legend following the Tyranny of Dragons and Elemental Evil. Strongholds gives our Neverwinter players the ability to take their guild’s story and make it legend while providing an all-new competitive mode where they defend their guild hall from invading threats. Strongholds gives us a great foundation upon which we can tell more Dungeons & Dragons stories in the future.
-Rob Overmeyer, executive producer for Neverwinter
Articles You May Enjoy
- City of Steam Announces Closed Beta Dates
- The developers at Mechanist Games have been striving to get City of Steam ready for Beta testing before the end of the year.
- League of Angels II Closed Beta Begins March 24
- GTArcade is happy to announce that closed beta testing for League of Angels II is set to start on March 24th.
- Forge of Empires’ New Bonus Content Tougher Than Ever
- InnoGames just released a content update for its popular strategy browser game Forge of Empires. The update contains two new bonus areas in th...