MLG and ESPN Bringing eSports to X Games Aspen
MLG, the global leader in eSports, and ESPN X Games are teaming up to bring eSports to X Games Aspen for the first time. The MLG X Games Aspen Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS: GO) Invitational will take place in Aspen, Colorado, from January 23-25, 2015 and will be broadcast on MLG.tv with highlights during X Games telecasts airing on ESPN and ABC, and on X Games digital and social platforms.
Following the sold-out debut at X Games Austin in June 2014, MLG will bring a new crop of elite competitive gamers to the X Games stage as the top CS:GO teams from around the globe battle for X Games medals. MLG’s premier competition will be showcased amongst the best in action sports as hundreds of the world’s best winter athletes compete in Skiing, Snowboarding and Snowmobile.
“2014 was a breakout year for eSports with the first ever MLG tournament at X Games Austin, millions watching competition on MLG.tv, and more than 71 million people competing in or watching eSports events around the globe,” said Sundance DiGiovanni, co-founder and CEO, MLG. “Our X Games debut was such a success we knew we had to continue the tradition. The MLG X Games Aspen Invitational will further elevate eSports placing our top competitors amongst the best winter athletes in the world and continues to solidify MLG.tv as the leading destination for premium eSports programming.”
The MLG X Games Aspen Invitational will feature the top eight CS: GO teams from North America and Europe competing in a three-day tournament for X Games gold. The action will kick off Friday, January 23 and continue through the gold medal match on Sunday, January 25. Leading up to the event, MLG will host online qualifiers via MLG.tv to determine the competing teams.
Premium passes are the only way to watch the action in person and include reserved seating, a behind-the-scenes tour, a gift bag including MLG merchandise, and more. Fans can purchase an exclusive premium pass now at www.mlg.tv/store. For more information about X Games Aspen visit www.XGames.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Fractured Space Pushes New Ships and Crew for 6 Month Anniversary
- Edge Case Games today marked the six-month anniversary of Fractured Space by launching two new ships and 11 new crew members.
- Shikihime Garden: 6-month milestone reached
- Appirits, the Japanese game developer and publisher recently has marked 6-month running of their English browser-based card & simulation g...
- PAX South Day 3 Recap: Moonrise, Broken Bots, & Dreadnought
- While the third day of PAX was on a sleepy Sunday, that didn’t stop anyone from showing up and milking everything the show still had to offe...