Medieval Engineers: New Title from “Space Engineers” Creators
Independent developer Keen Software House, today announced Medieval Engineers, the company’s second “engineering” game. The first, Space Engineers, was released in October 2013 and sold over 1 million copies in its first year, and is still keeping its bestseller position. Medieval Engineers is currently in its alpha stage of development and will be soon available on Steam Early Access. More details will be announced at a later date.
Medieval Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and the maintenance of architectural works and mechanical equipment using medieval technology. Players build cities, castles and fortifications; construct mechanical devices and engines; perform landscaping and underground mining.
Medieval Engineers is inspired by real medieval technology and the way people built architectural and mechanical works in medieval times. Medieval Engineers strives to follow the laws of physics and real history and doesn’t use technologies that were not available in 5th to 15th century.
“We are very curious to see how the Space Engineers community will react to Medieval Engineers and if other communities will also get interested in our new title” said Marek Rosa, CEO and Founder of Keen Software House. “We didn’t want to only keep creating space games. Instead we wanted to have a game where players can interact with life and nature. By creating a second engineering game, we are also leveraging our existing technology and experience.”
An in-game alpha video showing gameplay action and key features (creative mode, castle building, trebuchet construction, realistic destruction and physics) can be watched here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
For more information about Medieval Engineers, visit www.MedievalEngineers.com
Articles You May Enjoy
- Strife: Patch 0.2.38 Now Available
- S2 Games has just released a new update for their casual MOBA title: Strife. Patch 0.2.38 introduces a new pet, major crafting changes and mor...
- Spirit Tales reveals open beta schedule
- Spirit Tales begins open beta in two days, and has just released its schedule of events.
- Free to Play Market to Reach $2 Billion
- A report by the research firm DFC Intelligence forecasts that the US free to play market will grow from $250 million a year today to over $2 b...