MapleStory 2 Development Officially Confirmed by Nexon
The development of a sequel to the enormously popular MapleStory has been finally confirmed. Nexon has officially acknowledged the development of MapleStory 2 at GStar 2009 when they said Eun Do Che, a game director at Wizet, was assigned to start the game’s development last year. The company behind MapleStory also confirmed that they would be working on numerous other ‘MapleStory’ titled – so the MapleStory DS may actually get released one day. Nexon has a reputation for making great games, so I’m a bit optimistic that MapleStory 2 will be a game well worth checking out once it’s released.
Hopefully the folks at Nexon don’t neglect the original MapleStory game countless gamers still play it. One thing that does concern me is that as Nexon focuses on developing MapleStory 2, there may be fewer expansion packs and content updates for the original title. I also hope the this announcement doesn’t hinder the development of the much anticipated action MMORPG Mabinogi Heroes, as I’ve been waiting for that game to be released for years now.
By, Omer Altay
Articles You May Enjoy
- Novus Aeterno Introduces Volatility System
- In addition to network improvements this week, Novus Aeterno introduced a new volatility system to deal with enemy knockback on unit death.
- New MMORPG for E3 "Defenders of Time"
- Defenders of Time introduces a new level of cooperative, fast-paced tower defense gaming for the PC at E3 from June 10 – 12, 2014. This will...
- Ironkill Launches Killer New User Experience and Content Update
- The comprehensive update introduces 12 new robots, huge event rewards and an intuitive player experience.