MapleStory 2 Development Officially Confirmed by Nexon
The development of a sequel to the enormously popular MapleStory has been finally confirmed. Nexon has officially acknowledged the development of MapleStory 2 at GStar 2009 when they said Eun Do Che, a game director at Wizet, was assigned to start the game’s development last year. The company behind MapleStory also confirmed that they would be working on numerous other ‘MapleStory’ titled – so the MapleStory DS may actually get released one day. Nexon has a reputation for making great games, so I’m a bit optimistic that MapleStory 2 will be a game well worth checking out once it’s released.
Hopefully the folks at Nexon don’t neglect the original MapleStory game countless gamers still play it. One thing that does concern me is that as Nexon focuses on developing MapleStory 2, there may be fewer expansion packs and content updates for the original title. I also hope the this announcement doesn’t hinder the development of the much anticipated action MMORPG Mabinogi Heroes, as I’ve been waiting for that game to be released for years now.
By, Omer Altay
Articles You May Enjoy
- New German Heavy Tanks Arrive in World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition Update
- Wargaming announced today the launch of the latest content update for its free-to-play console multiplayer game, World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edit...
- E3 2012: MMOHuts/OnRPG Day Three Recap
- OnRPG and MMOHut recap their day three experiences at E3 2012.
- The Repopulation Releases End of September Progress Report
- The Repopulation has released its newest end-of-month report covering September changes, and it was certainly a busy month.