MapleStory 2 Development Officially Confirmed by Nexon
The development of a sequel to the enormously popular MapleStory has been finally confirmed. Nexon has officially acknowledged the development of MapleStory 2 at GStar 2009 when they said Eun Do Che, a game director at Wizet, was assigned to start the game’s development last year. The company behind MapleStory also confirmed that they would be working on numerous other ‘MapleStory’ titled – so the MapleStory DS may actually get released one day. Nexon has a reputation for making great games, so I’m a bit optimistic that MapleStory 2 will be a game well worth checking out once it’s released.
Hopefully the folks at Nexon don’t neglect the original MapleStory game countless gamers still play it. One thing that does concern me is that as Nexon focuses on developing MapleStory 2, there may be fewer expansion packs and content updates for the original title. I also hope the this announcement doesn’t hinder the development of the much anticipated action MMORPG Mabinogi Heroes, as I’ve been waiting for that game to be released for years now.
By, Omer Altay
Articles You May Enjoy
- Wargaming.net League 2014: First Season Kicks Off
- Wargaming today announced that the first season of the Wargaming.net League 2014 has officially begun in a number of regions around the world,...
- Moonrise: New mobile RPG by Kabam
- Kabam, the leader in the western world for free-to-play games for traditional players, today announced it is working with Undead Labs to devel...
- A.V.A. Launches New Maps and More
- Aeria Games has announced the launch of several new content updates and languages for its FPS, Alliance of Valiant Arms (A.V.A.).