“Magicka: Wizard Wars” Welcomes Half a Million Robe Warriors
Paradox Interactive and Paradox North today announced that Magicka: Wizard Wars, the online spellcasting action player-vs-player (PvP) game where Wizards compare each other’s flammability, has been downloaded over 500,000 times. Since the game began its Open Beta phase last week, Magicka: Wizard Wars has expanded its community to over half a million players and together they’ve cast 97,704,758 spells during the first week. Positive reception from players and media alike has prompted Paradox to add more servers and keep the pool of available magical talent growing.
“If we could personally shake hands with each player and give them our thanks, we would, but there’s too many; it’d probably mean a hiatus from actually working on the game,” said John Hargelid, Studio Manager for Paradox North. “We’re delighted that everybody likes the game so far, but this is just the beginning for Magicka: Wizard Wars. We’ve quadrupled server capacity since last week and we’re adding more servers, ironing the creases out of the robes, making sure the Wizard entrails are the right consistency – everything it takes to make sure the game stays a strong entry in the legacy of Magicka.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- ‘Wurm Online’ Expands With New Gameplay Mode & New Features
- Independent games developer and publisher Code Club AB is proud to announce a new ‘Challenge’ gameplay mode available today, in addition t...
- SWTOR Shroud of Memory Bonus Chapter Released
- Star Wars: The Old Republic has announced the release of its new bonus chapter, Shroud of Memory.
- World of Warriors Review
- Ever imagined a game where you can just play the various heroes and warriors in known human history and put them in no holds-barred battles, c...