“Magicka: Wizard Wars” Welcomes Half a Million Robe Warriors
Paradox Interactive and Paradox North today announced that Magicka: Wizard Wars, the online spellcasting action player-vs-player (PvP) game where Wizards compare each other’s flammability, has been downloaded over 500,000 times. Since the game began its Open Beta phase last week, Magicka: Wizard Wars has expanded its community to over half a million players and together they’ve cast 97,704,758 spells during the first week. Positive reception from players and media alike has prompted Paradox to add more servers and keep the pool of available magical talent growing.
“If we could personally shake hands with each player and give them our thanks, we would, but there’s too many; it’d probably mean a hiatus from actually working on the game,” said John Hargelid, Studio Manager for Paradox North. “We’re delighted that everybody likes the game so far, but this is just the beginning for Magicka: Wizard Wars. We’ve quadrupled server capacity since last week and we’re adding more servers, ironing the creases out of the robes, making sure the Wizard entrails are the right consistency – everything it takes to make sure the game stays a strong entry in the legacy of Magicka.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- LOTRO Developers Not Currently Planning More Instances
- The Lord of the Rings Online Community Manager reveals some small tidbits of news for the game's 2014 roadmap.
- Fractured Space Welcomes New Players with Steam Sale
- Fractured Space is welcoming new players today with a special Twitch stream, while the game is on a Steam sale!
- Cards and Castles Now on Steam Greenlight
- Cards and Castles, the fast-growing mobile tactical RPG-CCG, has now launched a new Steam Greenlight campaign.