Magicka: Wizard Wars Shutting Down
Last week, Paradox announced that Magicka: Wizard Wars, its free-to-play competitive PvP game set in the Magicka universe, will be shutting down in three months.
The announcement stated:
When the decision came to halt development on the game we left the servers open so that our small but passionate player base could still continue to enjoy the game as it was, we hope that this has been a fun time for you all (the odd server gremlin aside)! Unfortunately though we have reached the point where we can’t economically justify to continue running the costly server infrastructure. To make things clear, these last 9 months haven’t been a money-making exercise for us (for the most part server costs weren’t covered) we simply wanted to let those of you who loved the game play for as long as was possible.
Cash shop items have been removed or converted to in-game crown costs, and the team may also introduce old content already developed as a reward for its last players. More info can be found here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Blade & Soul Announces Launch and Esports Plans
- This is a big day for us, as we’re able to share the official launch date of Blade & Soul for all Western players
- Dead Frontier Review
- Dead Frontier is definitely moving in the right direction as a survival horror game.
- For the Tribe Gets English Localization
- Asiasoft today announced that its first regional English free-to-play mobile title, For The Tribe, is now available on Google Play and the App...