Lord of the Rings Online Free to Play in Europe starting Nov 2
The Lord of the Rings Online, which is already free to play in North America through Turbine, will be re-launching as free to play in Europe through Codemasters on November 2, 2010. Since Turbine re-launched Lord of the Rings Online as a free to play game, gamers in Europe were wondering why they had to pay for the game. It looks like they won’t have to starting November 2. Along with the free to play update, Codemasters will be releasing a content update to the game. This piece of news is relevant ONLY to European gamers! Those in North America already enjoy The Lord of the Rings Online for free!
The Lord of the Rings Online Screenshot
Turbine also publishes Dungeons and Dragons Online and Asherons Call in North America.
• Volume III, Book 2: The Ride of the Grey Company – Having sworn to protect the heirs of Isildur, the Dúnedain responded with all haste to the urgent message from Elrond. Players will join the newly-formed Grey Company in Rivendell as they depart on their journey far from the relative safety of that hidden valley into the new region of Enedwaith. Book 2 consists of fifteen solo-able chapters full of exploration, exciting combat and a healthy dose of mystery.
• The LOTRO Store is Now Open for Business! – The LOTRO Store is loaded with thousands of convenience items as well as expansion packs, premium content, additional character slots, potions, character customization and more. The LOTRO Store is seamlessly integrated into the game and lets the player identify new and exciting ways to enhance and customize their experience, using Points which can be purchased in the Store or earned through gameplay.
• The Return of the Harvest Festival – When the days shorten and the nights begin to cool, it’s time to celebrate the bounty of the harvest. All the races of Middle-earth celebrate this time and gather at the Bree festival grounds for the Harvestmath events that include bobbing for apples, pumpkin picking and much more. This year’s festival features a brand new event located in the new Haunted Burrow, a haunted hobbit Fun-house!
• And Much More! – This latest update also introduces the Wardrobe, a new storage system for cosmetic items that’s available for free to VIP players or can be purchased a la carte from the LOTRO Store, an updated character creation system, a revamped new player experience, the update and addition of “classic” instances featuring repeatable, scalable content, and much more!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Path of Exile Celebrates Seven Million Players and Widespread Success
- In partnership with leading Asian publisher Garena Online, Grinding Gear Games today announced that its critically-acclaimed action RPG Path o...
- Knight's Fable: Scorpion Mount Now Available
- One of the best mounts in Knight’s Fable made its long awaited debut on the latest update on 11.26, the day before Thanksgiving. Scorpio is ...
- Hex: Shards of Fate Beta Review 2015
- Many digital card games are simply the physical card games transformed into a digital format.