LEGO Universe shutting down
LEGO Universe has announced that its service will be going offline on January 31, 2012.
The game’s closure is due to low membership numbers. Despite having two million players, the game has been unable to generate enough revenue. 115 jobs will be lost as the teams handling LEGO Universe will be let go, gamesindustry.biz reported.
Subscribers will receive a free month of play if they are still subscribed on December 31, 2011.
LEGO Universe Gameplay Screenshot
We are very sad to announce that LEGO Universe will be closing on Janurary 31, 2012. This was a very difficult decision to make, but unfortunately LEGO Universe has not been able to attract the number of members needed to keep the game open.
We are thankful to have had the opportunity to share this adventure wiith an amazing community of players. We hope you will continue to enjoy LEGO Universe for the last few months. As a thank you, if you are a paying subscriber on December 31, 2011, we will provide you the full game for the final month for free. Click here for the details.
Again, we want to thank the fantastic community of players who made LEGO Universe such a vibrant, fun and creative experience.
(You can discuss this article on the message boards)
The LEGO Universe Team
Articles You May Enjoy
- PAX East 2015 Day 3 Recap - Echo of Soul, Gigantic, Guns of Icarus Online, Cosplay, and More!
- Day 3 held the title I was most excited for personally, and you will be too, when you see more on it, and that’s Gigantic.
- Lagoonia Adds New Personalization Options
- Lagoonia has launched a new update offering improved customization for players.
- Project Blackout's International Championship Coming 9/27
- The fourth annual Point Blank International championship will be hosted from September 27-28, 2014 in Istanbul, Turkey.