Jagex unlocks Cryptocurrency Payments
Jagex Games Studio – creators and custodians of the fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape and upcoming online multiplayer action game, Block N Load – has announced that they will, as of today, be accepting cryptocurrency payments for their games.
As vanguards of new transaction models throughout their time in business, Jagex will now become the first merchant to partner with BitPay and Adyen to accept bitcoins. In doing so, the company will join the growing number of businesses attracted to the benefits of peer-to-peer, borderless and charge free payment methods offered by a cryptocurrency.
RuneScape players are now able to use the protocol to purchase membership and partake in microtransactions, such as the game’s hugely popular bonds system. As a consequence, Jagex intends to give their global audience as wide an opportunity as possible when it comes to cost effective and secure ways of experiencing their games.
“Gamers are smart. We know they get tech, and we know that for them the cryptocurrency protocol is cool and here to stay. By allowing our players to pay however they want, we remove any obstacles between them and having fun,” said David Parrott, payment services director, Jagex. “We’re always examining new and viable ways of widening our payment options, and the excellent services that BitPay and Adyen offer give us the commercial peace of mind to do just that.”
For more information on Jagex titles and their commitment to consumer security, please visit: http://www.jagex.com/payment.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Galaxy of Trian enters semi-open beta on iOS, Android & PC
- Other Games has today announced that they will be expanding the beta for digital science fiction strategy board game Galaxy of Trian.
- Neverwinter: Storm King's Thunder Coming to Playstation 4, Xbox One October 18
- Today, Neverwinter announced that the Storm King's Thunder expansion would come to PS4 and Xbox One on October 18th!
- World Of Battleships Gets Name Change
- Wargaming has announced that its upcoming naval MMO, World of Battleships, has been renamed World of Warships.