Jagex Reveals Brand New Game Set in the World of RuneScape
Jagex, the studio behind the multi-award winning fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, is pleased to announce the development of a brand new game set in the world of Gielinor. Chronicle: RuneScape Legends (working title) is scheduled to launch in 2015 on PC/Mac, tablet, and mobile platforms, and is a collectible card game. Played out within the pages of a living book the game focuses on quest building, allowing players to craft their own miniature RPGs against enemies, including classic RuneScape boss monsters, before entering into tense PvP combat.
Chronicle: RuneScape Legends made its public debut at RuneFest, which took place on Saturday October 11 at London’s Tobacco Dock. James Sweatman, lead designer of Chronicle: RuneScape Legends, hosted the unveiling of the game at RuneFest, and afterwards commented: “We’ve been quietly developing Chronicle: RuneScape Legends since the start of the year to ensure that it’s not only a fun and compelling player experience, but one still very much interwoven into the rich lore of RuneScape. We’re looking forward to sharing more information on the game over the coming months, especially in regards to Chronicle‘s debut on tablet and mobile!”
“RuneScape has been the foundation for Jagex’s success for more than 13 years, and it’s exciting to broaden the brand’s appeal with the compelling quest building gameplay offered by Chronicle,” said Phil Mansell, vice president of RuneScape, “Chronicle: RuneScape Legends represents an important step for Jagex as we add a new game into the RuneScape family. This announcement tops a strong 2014 where our flagship title has continued to thrive.”
Learn more at the just revealed official site.
Articles You May Enjoy
- BOID is out now on Steam
- BOID, the new online strategy game from award-winning Contre Jour developer Mokus Games, is now available on Steam for $2.99.
- Civ: BE Launches First Post-Launch Patch
- A month has passed since Civilization: Beyond Earth hit official launch from Firaxis and 2kGames, and much ire arrived from the community abou...
- EverQuest II: Extended (Free to Play) Released
- EverQuest II: Extended officially launches. The beta servers launched on August 19, 2010 and players can begin experiencing EQ2 for free.