*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Jagex Games Studio Appoints New CEO
Jagex Games Studio, creators and custodians of the fantasy MMORPG, RuneScape, today announced the appointment of Rod Cousens to the position of CEO.
Throughout an illustrious career within the UK video games industry, Rod has presided over the likes of Activison, Acclaim and, most recently, Codemasters. Now, in this latest role, he brings his experience, insight and acumen to Jagex as it enters a new chapter of business.
Rod will oversee the company during a period of expansion in which the studio’s flagship title branches out into the collectable card game genre via the recently announced Chronicle: RuneScape Legends. Meanwhile the tactical online shooter, Block N Load, will bring its strategic combination of construction and marksmanship to the world on 30th April 2015. Away from the public domain, an additional number of games are currently moving through development towards announcement.
The current executive team, who have been managing the company since the end of 2014, will now report into Rod.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Reign of Kings Early Access First Impressions
- Reign of Kings is a new project being brought to us by the same guys that developed StarForge.
- The Lord of the Rings Online Review
- The Lord of the Rings Online holds true to the franchise and offers a very linear, story-driven experience.
- Runescape Reaches 200th Quest Milestone
- RuneScape has proudly launched the 200th quest in the long-running game’s history.