Hi-Rez Studios and Level Up partner to bring SMITE to Latin America
HiRez Studios and Level Up, a premiere online game publisher in Brazil and Spanish-speaking Latin America, today announced a strategic partnership to publish SMITE throughout Latin America.
“We are thrilled to bring SMITE’s unique action gameplay to this growing and vibrant market,” said Todd Harris, Chief Operating Officer of HiRez Studios. “And we are especially excited to partner with Level Up, whose local presence and expertise in Latin America allow us to offer the best possible experience to our players in these countries.”
In addition, HiRez and Level Up revealed that the top team from Brazil and the top team from Spanish-speaking Latin America will join teams from Europe, North America and China at the SMITE World Championship. The finals will be held in Atlanta in early January, 2015 and regional qualifiers are set to begin later this year. Once a localized version of SMITE is released in Latin America and Brazil, SMITE players currently using the North American or European SMITE servers will have an opportunity to transfer their accounts to the Level Up servers, including gods, skins, XP, favor, gems and mastery levels.
“The Latin American players are extremely competitive, and SMITE brings such a thrilling and refined level of competitiveness that fits our tastes. That’s why the game has already proven very popular within our market” said Julio Vieitez, CEO of Level Up. “With local, dedicated servers and support in both Spanish-speaking Latin America and Brazil, we believe SMITE will be a leading game, for professional gamers and casual players both, in Latin America.”
For more info, visit http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite
Articles You May Enjoy
- Frontier Developments announces SteamVR support for Elite Dangerous
- Frontier Developments announced it will support SteamVR and the HTC Vive virtual reality headset in the PC version of Elite Dangerous.
- Failure Developer Kickstarter Interview
- Failure was original conceived during an internal game jam - we were in a bit of a pickle due to losing our lead artist.
- Ultimate Chicken Horse - PAX South 2016
- With a name like Ultimate Chicken Horse, how could you go wrong?