Heroes of the Storm Reveals New Lost Cavern Battleground
Heroes of the Storm has announced a new battleground coming to the Nexus in the next patch: The Lost Cavern.
The Lost Cavern is only available in custom games currently. It eliminates all map objectives and multiple lanes, creating a single-lane team fight experience. Hearthstones and Starting Area heals are also missing, and players will need to rely on regeneration orbs and each other for healing.
Here’s the official information and screenshots of the new map:
Welcome to Lost Cavern
This new battleground eliminates Map Objectives and creates a slimmed-down play area in order to remain laser-focused on one constant, single-lane team fight. The Hearthstones and Starting Area heals have been removed so that Heroes have no reason to fall back from the fight. Regeneration Orb spawns and brushes, meanwhile, have been strategically placed around the lane to keep the fights active and interesting.
We’ve seen that players have been creating one-lane matches on Heroes’ existing maps, so we wanted to create a full-fledged Battleground that makes things a little easier–and maybe even a little more exciting–for everyone who enjoys these games. Lost Cavern is meant to be a free place to experiment and play however you like. Think of this map as a sandbox in which you can express yourself creatively—as well as have fun playing.
How to Access Lost Cavern
Lost Cavern will only be available in custom games to start. You can create a custom game through the “Custom Game” tab of the play screen and then invite your friends, or use our Lobby Link system to invite players through chat channels. Here’s how:
- Create your Custom Lobby on Lost Cavern
- Open the Chat channel where you want to link your game
- Type /lobbylink Description
- Press Enter
- Players can now simply click your link and will be automatically placed into your Custom Game Lobby
Articles You May Enjoy
- Uncharted Waters Online Opens the Door to Historical Korea
- Land, ho! Uncharted Waters Online, the historical massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG), sails into brand new territory with...
- Shards of War: New Sci-Fi MOBA revealed
- Bigpoint, a leading global developer and publisher of online games, announces the release of Shards of War. The beta phase of the world'...
- SMITE: New god 'Ao Kuang' Revealed
- Regal and powerful, the Dragon King of the Eastern Sea commands storms and tides with the flick of a claw, and now Ao Kuang is the 60th god on...