Heroes of Newerth: Tour Season 3 Announced
The Heroes of Newerth team today announced that beginning July 26, Newerth will kick-off its biggest eSports event of the year, Hontour: Season 3. Over the course of seven months the campaign will pit some of the finest amateur and pro players in the world against one another as they duke it out for a continuously growing $70,000 prize pool.
HoN Tour Season 3 will culminate with a live World Finals showdown next March where the tournament´s top teams will be invited to test their mettle on the Newerth´s biggest stage.
In addition to HoN Tour, the Heroes of Newerth team is also excited to announce eSports Plinko, a new community initiative that will give players the opportunity to directly support HoN´s eSports scene while receiving exclusive in-game content.
“Heroes of Newerth´s eSports following is hungry for competition and we´re going to give it to them,” said Sam Braithwaite, Head of Marketing for Heroes of Newerth. “If you think about it – eSports Plinko runs for HoN Tour´s entire seven month life meaning that, with the tournament´s baseline prize pool and community contributions, there´s a huge opportunity for competitors to rack up some serious winnings.”
HoN Tour´s exclusive URSA CORPs content, which includes in-game goodies ranging from avatars, to permanent account progression bonuses, and more, will be added throughout the season; 25% of the revenue generated from eSports Plinko purchases will funnel directly into HoN Tour´s prize pool.
Subtle changes to this year´s HoN Tour include a week of rest between matches and a reduction of teams competing in Diamond, Gold, and Silver Divisions from 16, 32, and 64 to 8, 16, and 32, respectively. Structure for the Bronze Division remains unchanged.
“This year´s format is designed to retroactively raise the stakes for each of the teams in the top three divisions,” Sam said. “Upping the ante helps HoN stay true to its take-no-prisoners persona.”
For more info, visit http://www.hontour.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Amplitude Studios Sells 1+ Million Copies For Their Titles
- In response to overwhelming activity during Steam’s recent Autumn Sale, critically-acclaimed indie developer Amplitude Studios revealed toda...
- Maestia to launch on WarpPortal
- Gravity Interactive has announced that Maestia will launch on its WarpPortal this summer.
- EVE Online: New changes allow opportunities in player-controlled space
- CCP Games, a leading independent developer of massively multiplayer games, today has rocked the notorious player-controlled metagame of EVE On...