Heroes of Newerth Announces $10,000 Map Making Contest
Heroes of Newerth, the multiplayer online battle arena known for its dark, gritty, and sometimes unforgiving gameplay, today announced Sol´s Theatre, a $10,000 community-driven, company-guided map making contest that will give Newerthians the opportunity to turn their map ideas into a reality.
Hopeful architects can begin submitting ideas to Sol´s Theatre when contest signup page, heroesofnewerth.com/threatre, goes live Aug 1. at 12pm EST. Submissions will be accepted until Aug. 30 at 12pm EST. Additional details about Sol´s Theatre such as prize distribution, map judgment, and other contest details will be revealed throughout July.
To coincide with the announcement of Sol´s Theatre, the Heroes of Newerth team is pleased to announce that the first community-made map, Prophets, has been implemented in-game and is now available to play.
“The announcement of Sol´s Theatre and the addition of Prophets is another step in letting the community know, ´Hey, we see you and we´re listening,´” said Sam Braithwaite, Head of Marketing for Heroes of Newerth. “We are very excited to work with our community on these maps and to share their passion and talent with all of our players.
Created by Heroes of Newerth enthusiasts Jonathan and Kawaiiiii, Prophets is a free for all, skill-shot, royal rumble, in which each player controls a Prophet on a plane encaged by an electric fence. As time expires, the fence contracts until it reaches the map´s epicenter – damaging all prophets outside its perimeter. Points are earned by being the last surviving Prophet. The first player to accumulate four points wins.
“Our development team has worked diligently with Jonathan and Kawaiiiii to put a final coat of polish on Prophets.” Sam said. “We´ve had a blast playing test games and we hope our fans will, too.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Snail Games announces Age of Wushu
- A new MMORPG is joining the lineup for Snail Games USA - Age of Wushu, the same game known as Age of Wulin in Europe.
- Phantom of the Kill Mobile Review
- Straight out of the gate, the game is visually stunning. The anime based art is well done and typical of what you see in current Gundam anime
- Trails of Ascension: Big Update Coming Soon
- The ToA team has been extremely busy testing their upcoming demo for about a month now. Just over a month ago, they invited our champions, her...