Heroes of Newerth Announces $10,000 Map Making Contest
Heroes of Newerth, the multiplayer online battle arena known for its dark, gritty, and sometimes unforgiving gameplay, today announced Sol´s Theatre, a $10,000 community-driven, company-guided map making contest that will give Newerthians the opportunity to turn their map ideas into a reality.
Hopeful architects can begin submitting ideas to Sol´s Theatre when contest signup page, heroesofnewerth.com/threatre, goes live Aug 1. at 12pm EST. Submissions will be accepted until Aug. 30 at 12pm EST. Additional details about Sol´s Theatre such as prize distribution, map judgment, and other contest details will be revealed throughout July.
To coincide with the announcement of Sol´s Theatre, the Heroes of Newerth team is pleased to announce that the first community-made map, Prophets, has been implemented in-game and is now available to play.
“The announcement of Sol´s Theatre and the addition of Prophets is another step in letting the community know, ´Hey, we see you and we´re listening,´” said Sam Braithwaite, Head of Marketing for Heroes of Newerth. “We are very excited to work with our community on these maps and to share their passion and talent with all of our players.
Created by Heroes of Newerth enthusiasts Jonathan and Kawaiiiii, Prophets is a free for all, skill-shot, royal rumble, in which each player controls a Prophet on a plane encaged by an electric fence. As time expires, the fence contracts until it reaches the map´s epicenter – damaging all prophets outside its perimeter. Points are earned by being the last surviving Prophet. The first player to accumulate four points wins.
“Our development team has worked diligently with Jonathan and Kawaiiiii to put a final coat of polish on Prophets.” Sam said. “We´ve had a blast playing test games and we hope our fans will, too.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- BetaDwarf Announces ‘FORCED 2: The Rush’
- Independent video game development studio, BetaDwarf, today announced FORCED 2: The Rush, a Rogue-like sequel to the popular tactical arena co...
- Firefall Manga Coming Soon
- Red 5 Studios, developer of Firefall, has announced their upcoming manga, Firefall Affinity, will be released June 5 with a new video.
- Limited Free Trial Announced for Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces
- During the exclusive Steam trial, which is set to take place just before the final game’s release, up to 55,000 players will get hands-on.