Guild Wars 2: Arrival of the Bazaar of the Four Winds Update
Today ArenaNet announces it has formalised plans to maintain a two-week major release schedule for Guild Wars 2, and reveals the latest content update to the game’s Living Story, Bazaar of the Four Winds, going live on 9th July.
ArenaNet has been delivering new content to Guild Wars 2 at an increasing pace since January and from now on will maintain a 14-day update rate, bringing players exciting new features, events, rewards and storylines at a frequency unmatched by any other Western studio. Today’s decision affirms the studio’s continued commitment to that effort and means that players can expect Tyria to remain one of the most frequently updated and best supported online worlds in the industry.
In the newest update, Bazaar of the Four Winds, merchants are converging from all corners of Tyria to sell their wares. The gathering will feature more than just shady characters and risky trade because, this year, the mystical flying Zephyr Sanctum has landed, bringing magical crystals and amazing movement skills to traders and adventurers alike.
In addition to experiencing movement in a new way, players will partake in new themed-events and join in the thrill of the trade. Also included in this update:
– Belcher’s Bluff Mini-game: Players can challenge their friends in this new, permanent mini-game.
– Sanctum Sprint Race: Navigate a dizzying obstacle course in this competitive race.
– Lessons from the Sky Scavenger Hunt: Players will need to show their mastery of wind, sun and lightning as they search for Sky Crystals and explore hard-to-reach places in the Labyrinthine Cliffs.
– Aspect Back Items: Players can compete in the Sanctum Sprint for a chance to earn one of three special back items representing the aspects of wind, sun and lightning.
– Personal Quartz Node: Players completing the update will be able to harvest quartz in their home instances, allowing them to craft new recipes.
– Zephyr Sanctum Model: Players who complete the Lessons from the Sky achievement will be awarded a miniature model of the Zephyr Sanctum, allowing them to view the ship at any time, even after it has flown away.
– Account Achievement Reward System: Starting with this release, players can unlock rewards like exclusive new armour skins, weapon skins and permanent account bonuses as they earn achievement points. They can also earn laurels, gems, gold, powerful items, and PvP and WvW rewards as achievement scores grow.
– New PvP Map – Skyhammer: Players can battle for control of three capture points in the new Skyhammer map.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Champions Online Nightmare Invasion Event Begins
- Millennium City has been invaded by unearthly creatures, and it is up to the Champions to stop them and protect the city!
- Arctic Combat Begins Closed Beta
- Webzen has announced the beginning of Task Force 613, the first closed beta test for Arctic Combat.
- EverQuest to go free-to-play in March
- EverQuest Producer, Thom Terrazas, has announced to the EverQuest community that the game will go free-to-play in March.