Gratuitous Space Battles 2: Now in Open Beta
Positech Games is pleased to announce that the follow up to 100,000 plus selling Gratuitous Space Battles is available from today on open beta. Named Gratuitous Space Battles 2, this new title once more does away with all the long winded base building and delays found in other strategy/management/simulation space-based games. Simply construct your ships from modular components, arrange them into fleets, give them orders and then sit back, watch the laser beams fly, hulls explode and hopefully win the day – or is that night, hard to tell in space.
New features in open beta include:
- Designer ships – No two cruisers need ever look the same again thanks to the in-built visual ship-editor; design your ships your way and then show them off in online battles
- Presented in glorious technicolor – Brand new built from scratch purpose built graphics engine makes the action look 100% better*
- More ships – Choose from a number of new ship classes
- Expand your horizons – Built-in and easy to use multi monitor support
- Mods rule – Easy to edit text and CSV files readily available
- Keep in line – Pre-set formation orders now retain their shape regardless of number of ships lost
- Give us a lift – Carriers are now required to transport all fighters into the battlefield
- Fill me up – Fighters now have limited fuel and need to refuel at their parent carrier
Gratuitous Space Battles 2’s open beta is available now for PC from http://www.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Ragnarok Online Launches Mobile Client
- Gravity Interactive has launched Ragnarok Online as an Android application, with an iOS version coming soon.
- World of Zurit: Indiegogo Campaign Launched
- World of Zurit: Indiegogo Campaign Launched - Battles of Biomechanical Dragons in a Dynamic Sci-Fi Setting
- Star Trek Online Launches Season 9: A New Accord
- Join Tuvak in season 9 of Star Trek Online, as the federation prepares a united front against the Undine.