Gloria Victis: Massive Gameplay Update Applied
A massive update, greatly improving the combat experience and the meaning of PVP has been applied to Gloria Victis!
First of all, it introduces the fortifications building and upgrading – players can raise the walls, towers and gates in the towns and castles controlled by their nation from scratch. Players can also upgrade those objects, significantly increasing their defensive properties – a simple palisade around the holding will stop an enemy for a while, but a stone tower with double reinforced gates and pots of boiling oil will do its job much better.
Moreover, it’s up to the players how to develop the fortifications, as their components are being upgraded separately. In future this system will be expanded with an ability to build and develop the objects inside the fortifications, such as player-owned houses, additional spawn points and siege machines, as well as with the additional customization options!
On the other hand, the game has implemented two important combat-related features, requested by our players – breaking an enemy’s attack with a kick and feints! Therefore the combat dynamics have been greatly increased; those changes made the battles even more tactical and skill-based as well. Moreover, NPC enemies can kick to break the player’s block too, so PVE is much less predictable and repetitive now! In nearest future the development team will be continuously working on the further combat and AI improvements, so the player experience will be getting better and better.
At the moment the team is doing the very last polishes before releasing the another massive update – a total overhaul of the inventory and guilds systems. Within the next few days they will start the final tests of those systems; meanwhile they have started working on the survival aspects! When the basics are done, they’ll will be able to implement hunger, alchemy, toxicity and dynamic weather’s influence on the characters – it will greatly increase the immersion, which is crucial in Gloria Victis. This feature is expected to come within the next few weeks!
Read the full changelog here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade Coming to North America
- DeNA and Square Enix have announced that after its success in Japan, Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade will be coming to mobile phone users in No...
- Kingdom Heroes Closed Beta Date Announced - May 18
- Kingdom Heroes closed beta date announced. Kingdom Heroes enters closed beta through Aeria Games officially on May 18 and will enter open beta...
- Valiance Online Greenlit by the Steam Community
- SilverHelm Studios announced that the Greenlight Community has overwhelmingly voted in favor of Valiance Online and the game will soon be ava...