Gigantic Developer Motiga Confirms Layoffs and Delay
In a company blog post, Motiga – developers of Gigantic – announced that there have been layoffs recently. Gigantic’s release has also been postponed into 2016, though no specific target has been set.
. . . it is clear that we need to move the launch window for Gigantic into 2016.
Unfortunately this change in schedule has meant Motiga had to make some difficult decisions this week. As a pre-revenue startup, our resources are finite. Stretching Gigantic development milestones over more time requires that we stretch those resources in the same fashion. As a result, today Motiga has had to lay off 16 employees at the studio. All impacted employees are receiving severances and job placement assistance.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Eon Altar hitting Steam Early Access in time for PAX
- Eon Altar, the mobile-enhanced co-op PC RPG game, is playable at PAX Prime!
- Final Fantasy Mobius Mobile Review
- Mobius Final Fantasy is a free-to-play, episodic mobile title for the Android and iOS.
- 9Dragons Celebrates Second Anniversary with Huge Giveaways/Events
- "9Dragons is officially 2 years old and growing strong!" said Kristina Chan, Production Assistant at GamesCampus. "We're l...