Gigantic Developer Motiga Confirms Layoffs and Delay
In a company blog post, Motiga – developers of Gigantic – announced that there have been layoffs recently. Gigantic’s release has also been postponed into 2016, though no specific target has been set.
. . . it is clear that we need to move the launch window for Gigantic into 2016.
Unfortunately this change in schedule has meant Motiga had to make some difficult decisions this week. As a pre-revenue startup, our resources are finite. Stretching Gigantic development milestones over more time requires that we stretch those resources in the same fashion. As a result, today Motiga has had to lay off 16 employees at the studio. All impacted employees are receiving severances and job placement assistance.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Evolve PC Beta Impressions
- Evolve has been one of the most hyped games of 2015. Developed by Turtle Rock Studios and published by 2K, Evolve is a first person shooter al...
- SPACECOM: Release Date Set for September 17th
- The game will be sold through various digital vendors, including STEAM, Games Republic and more. It will be available for PC, Mac OS and Linux...
- Global Agenda celebrates second anniversary
- Global Agenda launched on February 1, 2010, and is now prepared to celebrate its second anniversary with its players.