Ghost Recon Online Is Now Ghost Recon Phantoms
Ghost Recon Online has been preparing for its official launch on April 10, and today Ubisoft revealed a new name for the game: Ghost Recon Phantoms.
Producer Corey Facteau commented that the game needed a “fresh identity” to break free from the starting point to the game’s current progression, and added that the title will bring “a narrative layer to the game based around The Phantos, ex-Ghosts and current adversaries who left The Ghost to pursue personal agendas.”
The game’s launch will also include new character and device design for all three classes as it heads in a new art direction; changes to matchmaking to take in account skill and gear; and the introduction of “Mod Master” and weapon camo systems. Further features will also be added and revealed after the game’s launch to keep gameplay dynamic and balanced.
More details about the upcoming changes and launch are on the game’s dev blog.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Moon Hunters Online Mode Officially Releasing
- Via a Kickstarter update, Moon Hunters has announced that it will launch its Online Mode fully today.
- Villagers & Heroes Reborn Expansion Review
- The nicest way to refer to Villagers & Heroes graphics is “nostalgic.” It feels like vanilla WoW or even updated Runescape.
- Dirty Bomb Offers Special Summer Sale Deal on Steam
- Valve's summer Steam sale is in full effect, and Dirty Bomb is joining in with a sale of its own.