Gamigo To Open US Office
The German free MMO publisher Gamigo is opening an office here in the United States. The company has had enormous success back in Germany and across Europe. Even North American players may be familiar with them, as they are the sole publishers of two sports themed free MMOs: Smash Online and Slapshot.
Their New York City office will open sometime in the second quarter of 2010. More publishers competing for the North American market means better games and better service for gamers. We look forward to seeing what kind of games they bring us.
Hamburg, March 3rd, 2010 – In anticipation of the Game Developers Conference, to be held in San Francisco from the 9th to 13th of March, gamigo has announced that it will enter the North American online gaming market in the second quarter of 2010. The company will open its first foreign office in New York City. From there, gamigo will be able to contact and collaborate with business and media partners directly.
Patrick Streppel, executive member of the board, said “This New York office is a continuation of our international expansion. Thanks to the experience we have gained over the past few years in Europe, we are very well-equipped to tackle the North American market. Top-quality products planned for global publication will be announced and presented at the GDC.”
2009 was a hugely successful year for Hamburg-based gamigo AG. In the past twelve months, gamigo has more than tripled its employees. Meanwhile, sales have risen by an impressive 233%. This makes gamigo one of the fastest-growing corporations in the booming online gaming market, firmly among the Top 3 in its market segment.
About gamigo AG
gamigo AG, a subsidiary of Axel Springer AG, has been a major player in the world of online games since it was founded in 2000. Thanks to many years of experience, attractive products, and an emphasis on customer accessibility, gamigo has grown to be one of the leading online publishers in Europe and distributes Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOGs) of various genres to a wide target audience. The range of products stretches from casual games to its core of role-playing games.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tanki Online: 8th Clan Championship Finals This Saturday, April 12th
- The eighth official clan championship of the 3D-MMO-browser game Tanki Online is drawing close to its conclusion and On Saturday, 12th April
- Trials of Ascension: NDA dropped and Livestream on Feb 28th
- Forge Chaos has lifted nearly all NDA restrictions for their testers regarding the demo and are now allowing them to stream all the goodness o...
- Spirit Guardian Version 2.1.1 Released
- Spirit Guardian - Vanguard Rush, GTArcade’s grand 3D strategy RPG for mobile, is extremely excited to introduce New Version- 2.1.1!