GameSamba and FUNimation to make “Tokyo Ghoul” mobile game
GameSamba and FUNimation Entertainment, both Group 1200 Media companies, have announced today that they are beginning production on a video game based on the hit series, “Tokyo Ghoul.”
“Tokyo Ghoul,” created by Sui Ishida, was adapted into an anime television series in 2014, and is distributed in the U.S. and Canada by FUNimation. The series takes place in a fictional Tokyo, which is plagued by human-looking monsters named Ghouls. Humanity lives in fear of Ghouls, which survive by feasting on human flesh. The Commission of Counter Ghoul (CCG) forces are the only thing that stands between humanity and the fearsome Ghouls who hunt them.
“Ever since we began simulcasting the anime series last year, fans of Tokyo Ghoul have been clamoring for a mobile game,” said Gen Fukunaga, CEO and President of FUNimation Entertainment. “With Season 2 now finished and Season 3 set for 2016, the anticipation for the game has only grown higher.”
The new “Tokyo Ghoul” game will focus on the conflict between humans and the CCG. By selecting a side, players will be able to help determine the path that the conflict takes. With elements of RPGs and action games, the “Tokyo Ghoul” game will remain faithful to the source material’s style, as players choose to hunt humans, or protect them.
The game will be available in English worldwide on Android and Apple devices. It is currently scheduled for release in 2016. The home video release and the digital HD dub version of “Tokyo Ghoul” Season 1 will be available starting September 22, 2015. The digital subtitled version has already been released.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Arc Now Live as Perfect World Expands Platform’s Game Offerings
- Perfect World Entertainment announced today that Arc, the Company’s premier platform designed from the ground up for publishing and accessin...
- Requiem Olympic Events to Continue This Weekend
- Gravity Interactive has reminded players that the Olympic events for Requiem will continue this weekend, starting on Saturday, August 18.
- Nexon holds Nexon Developers Conference for Partners in Korea
- NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online games, held its first-ever Nexon Developers Conference for ...