Firefall Reveals New PAX East Milestone
Red 5 Studios™ today released details and a new trailer for Firefall’s latest mega-patch, which launched during an exclusive PAX East press event last weekend. The new PAX East milestone transforms Firefall’s open world into a deadly warfront for the Chosen invasion and updates the game with new dynamic and local events, a revised progression system, better crafting and more. The milestone is currently live for beta testing.
In Firefall’s latest milestone, mankind is desperately fighting to maintain its hold on New Eden. The Chosen invasion is pushing out of the Melding and systematically bombarding strategic locations with new siege engines, troops and tactics. Without proper defenses, key areas and SIN locations such as Thump Dump and Sunken Harbor will be taken over and consumed by the Melding. Players must band together and push back against the encroaching threat, or risk losing the last vestige of humanity.
Firefall’s open world evolution continues with an injection of PvE content. ARES missions are being introduced for the first time, consisting of 30 new dynamic objective-based combat scenarios throughout New Eden. In addition, players will find upgrades to existing dynamic events – such as instanced encounters inside Melding Tornados – custom LGV races, new Thumper mechanics and more.
Firefall’s progression has also been improved in this milestone. Open world PvE Battleframes have been untethered from PvP matchmaking for deeper customization and extended vertical progression – allowing players to fully utilize an enhanced crafting system to upgrade their frames. PvP will now use standardized Battleframes to ensure that matches are both strategic and balanced during eSports play.
This milestone is Firefall’s largest update yet and includes many additional changes and improvements that affect nearly every part of the game. For full patch notes and info visit http://www.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/patch-notes-for-v0-6.85760 or stay up-to-date with the latest devblog at http://www.firefallthegame.com/home.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Final Fantasy XIV ARR: Over 4 Million Registered Users Confirmed
- Square Enix Inc., today announced that the total number of registered accounts for FINAL FANTASY® XIV: A REALM REBORN®—not including those...
- SMITE Stream Reveals Geb, Golden Skins, and an Arena Test Mode
- HiRez Studios' featured caster Bart unleashed a barrage of googies on the official SMITE twitch.tv stream yesterday including gold and le...
- World of Warships Pre-Order Packages Now Available
- World of Warships Pre-Order Packages Now Available - A great selection of pre-order packages in the run-up to the Open Beta