Firefall Gets Monthly ESports Tournament Series “Go4Firefall”
Red 5 Studios™ today announced that Firefall’s first official Open Beta tournament series, Go4Firefall, begins Sunday, August 4. Hosted in partnership with the Electronic Sports League (ESL), Go4Firefall will run throughout both the US and EU, offering respective prize pools of up to $10,000 and €10,000 for teams competing in weekly cups featuring Firefall’snew eSports game type, Jetball.
Teams can enter any of the monthly Go4Firefall tournaments by signing up at the official ESL page.
– US: http://www.nationalesl.com/us/news/224487/
– EU: http://www.esl.eu/eu/firefall/news/224427/
Hosted by Red 5 Studios and the ESL, Go4Firefall is a new monthly tournament series offering top Firefall players and teams in the US and EU a chance to win up to $10,000 and €10,000, respectively. Each Sunday participating teams will compete for a $1,000/€1,000 prize pool and points toward their monthly ranking. At the end of the month, the eight highest ranked teams in each region will compete in a live-streamed final cup for a $5,000/€5,000 prize pool and the US or EU championship title.
Go4Firefall features Firefall’s newest eSports game type, Jetball, where teams of five players compete for victory by flying or shooting a high-tech ball through their opponent’s goal. Because players can’t defend themselves while carrying the ball, teams must rely on passing and coordination, strategically using each Battleframe’s unique weapons, abilities and maneuverability to score.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Black Prophecy to be Free to Play
- Black Prophecy officially announces that it will be free to play. There will be no subscription fee to play the game. It will also be publishe...
- Medieval Engineers Early Access Preview
- when I first played Space Engineers I wondered how amazing this type of technology would be if it were put into use in other settings.
- Trion Opens Alpha Signups for Atlas Reactor and Devilian
- Atlas Reactor, an all-new turn-based tactics game from developer and publisher Trion Worlds, is now open for alpha signups