Firefall Development Update For May Announces Progression Changes
Firefall’s development team at Red 5 Studios has released a new monthly developer update, revealing new plans and changes for the shooter.
In a concern about focusing on progression and returning to skill-based combat, the development team has decided to get rid of levels entirely. Instead, players can spend experience on the abilities, weapons, and mechanics of their choice to specialize and progress their characters. This change will also make resource gathering more meaningful as players develop and build out their tech. The system will be built on tiers which will have weight restrictions, that offer meaningful choices about the tech that players put into their frames. These tiers will come in differing weight restrictions, and will also allow for future tiers such as tournament tiers and experimental tiers for specialized combat.
Hear all of what the team had to say in the video below!
Firefall Development Update: May 2012
Articles You May Enjoy
- 4Story Reveals Third Kingdom - Broa
- On November 25, 2010 Zemi Interactive released a major update for their free to play fantasy MMORPG 4Story. The patch added the kingdom of Bro...
- Act of Aggression Gets New Website and Screenshots
- Eugen Systems' near-future real-time strategy game Act of Aggression today launches its feature-filled website.
- Power Rangers: Legacy Wars Introduces Green Ranger & More
- A major new update has hit Power Rangers: Legacy Wars today, introducing League 6, a Theatre Mode, and new Warriors.