Firefall Development Update For May Announces Progression Changes
Firefall’s development team at Red 5 Studios has released a new monthly developer update, revealing new plans and changes for the shooter.
In a concern about focusing on progression and returning to skill-based combat, the development team has decided to get rid of levels entirely. Instead, players can spend experience on the abilities, weapons, and mechanics of their choice to specialize and progress their characters. This change will also make resource gathering more meaningful as players develop and build out their tech. The system will be built on tiers which will have weight restrictions, that offer meaningful choices about the tech that players put into their frames. These tiers will come in differing weight restrictions, and will also allow for future tiers such as tournament tiers and experimental tiers for specialized combat.
Hear all of what the team had to say in the video below!
Firefall Development Update: May 2012
Articles You May Enjoy
- Worlds of Magic: 10% off only until January 2nd
- Christmas is all about making gifts and spreading the love. And there's no better gift for all strategy games' fans who still rememb...
- League of Angels: Fires of Fusion Expansion Available on March 28th
- GTArcade has recently released a brand new expansion pack for their latest free-to-play MMORPG title, League of Angels. The expansion pack, Fi...
- Zombies Monsters Robots Presents Massive Mummy See Mummy Doom Update
- En Masse announces the launch of the Mummy See Mummy Doom update for Zombies Monsters Robots (ZMR).