FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward – New Details Revealed
This past weekend, London hosted over 2,000 FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN® fans at its first European FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festival. At the event, SQUARE ENIX® announced more details for the upcoming expansion, Heavensward™.
During the opening ceremony presentation, Director and Producer Naoki Yoshida introduced flying mounts, new beast tribes and primals and a new job: Dark Knight. These will all be featured in Heavensward when it launches next spring.
Flying mounts enable players to take their adventure to new heights. Two types of flying mounts were revealed at the Fan Festival, a flying black chocobo and single-rider airships, both making it easier to explore the floating lands that will be featured prominently in the expansion.
Heavensward also introduces two new beast tribes, the Vanu Vanu and the Gnath, as well as their primals, Bismarck, and Ravana, respectively.
Finally, the first new job to be released in Heavensward was revealed: Dark Knight. This new job will serve as a tank, wields a two-handed greatsword, utilizes darkness-based actions and unlike the existing jobs in the game, will not feature a base class that later evolves into a job.
Yoshida concluded the keynote by announcing that more details, and more jobs will be revealed (he said while pretending to shoot a gun), for Heavensward will be shared at the next Fan Festival event, taking place in Tokyo on December 20 – 21.
The free trial version for PC is available for download at www.ffxiv-freetrial.com. The free trial features the ability for new players to play up to 14 days for free and allows for character development until level 20.
For more information on FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward, including new press assets, visit: http://press.na.square-enix.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rise of Immortals unlocks Immortals for New Year's weekend
- Petroglyph announced in an email newsletter that it would unlock all Immortals this weekend for players to try out for free.
- SOE Live 2014 Registration Now Open
- Sony Online Entertainment announces the opening of registration for the annual SOE Live event, held in Las Vegas.
- Mabinogi servers back up after breach
- Nexon has reopened Mabinogi's servers after their unexpected 40-hour downtime, due to a security breach in-game.