Everquest Next Development to Continue Despite Layoffs
Despite the recent string of layoffs at Daybreak Games and just announced resignation of Matt Hiby, former creative director for Planetside 2, President Smedley has sent out a message on twitter that their flagship title, Everquest Next is still safe and sound.
“EQN has the largest development team at SOE. It is going to be more than ok,” states Smedley.
The impact of the removal of these key personal still remains to be seen. Overall this feels like an attempt to cut costs to meet the goals of the new investment owners of Daybreak Games by removing the highest paid industry veterans from the pool, while maintaining the rest of their development team in the hopes that they can steer the boat safely to shore without their captains.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeon Fighter Online Releases Power Station Update
- Dungeon Fighter Online has released a new update today, introducing the Eton Industrial Area Act 3: Power Station.
- Divine Souls Open Beta Date Announced - Dec 14
- The fantasy themed 3D MMORPG brawler Divine Souls will enter open beta testing on December 14, 2010. Divine Souls is published by Outspark.
- Hazard Ops: New PvP Modes for Closed Beta
- After a successful first two weeks in closed beta, the first update to the brutal third-person shooting game, Hazard Ops is now live. Appropri...