Everquest Next Development to Continue Despite Layoffs
Despite the recent string of layoffs at Daybreak Games and just announced resignation of Matt Hiby, former creative director for Planetside 2, President Smedley has sent out a message on twitter that their flagship title, Everquest Next is still safe and sound.
“EQN has the largest development team at SOE. It is going to be more than ok,” states Smedley.
The impact of the removal of these key personal still remains to be seen. Overall this feels like an attempt to cut costs to meet the goals of the new investment owners of Daybreak Games by removing the highest paid industry veterans from the pool, while maintaining the rest of their development team in the hopes that they can steer the boat safely to shore without their captains.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Hi-Rez Studios and Level Up partner to bring SMITE to Latin America
- HiRez Studios and Level Up, a premiere online game publisher in Brazil and Spanish-speaking Latin America, today announced a strategic partner...
- Elsword and Alienware Host a PVP Battle
- KOG Games has teamed up with Alienware to bring the fiercest PVP battle ever to Elsword with the Season 3 tournament November 6th-7th, 2014.
- Scarlet Blade Announced
- Aeria Games has announced its plan to launch Scarlet Blade for the North American market.