Everquest Next Development to Continue Despite Layoffs
Despite the recent string of layoffs at Daybreak Games and just announced resignation of Matt Hiby, former creative director for Planetside 2, President Smedley has sent out a message on twitter that their flagship title, Everquest Next is still safe and sound.
“EQN has the largest development team at SOE. It is going to be more than ok,” states Smedley.
The impact of the removal of these key personal still remains to be seen. Overall this feels like an attempt to cut costs to meet the goals of the new investment owners of Daybreak Games by removing the highest paid industry veterans from the pool, while maintaining the rest of their development team in the hopes that they can steer the boat safely to shore without their captains.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Strife Preview
- Even throughout 2014 there are many games of this genre to look out for including Strife by S2Games. The game is currently in its closed beta ...
- New Adventurous Tamer Makes His Digimon Masters Debut
- Joymax, leading online game developer and publisher, announced today the addition of the adventurous yet naïve character, Tai, who has appear...
- ARK: Survival Evolved News - TEK Tier Arrives on Consoles
- Studio Wildcard has announced today that it has launched the TEK Tier content update for ARK: Survival Evolved on console.