Everquest Next Development to Continue Despite Layoffs
Despite the recent string of layoffs at Daybreak Games and just announced resignation of Matt Hiby, former creative director for Planetside 2, President Smedley has sent out a message on twitter that their flagship title, Everquest Next is still safe and sound.
“EQN has the largest development team at SOE. It is going to be more than ok,” states Smedley.
The impact of the removal of these key personal still remains to be seen. Overall this feels like an attempt to cut costs to meet the goals of the new investment owners of Daybreak Games by removing the highest paid industry veterans from the pool, while maintaining the rest of their development team in the hopes that they can steer the boat safely to shore without their captains.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Heroes of Newerth: Tour Season 3 Announced
- The Heroes of Newerth team today announced that beginning July 26, Newerth will kick-off its biggest eSports event of the year, Hontour: Seaso...
- Guns and Robot's Temple of the Dragon Arena Spotlighted
- Masthead Studios, a leading independent game developer, today introduced new arena in their online shooter Guns and Robots.
- Final Fantasy XIV ARR: PS4 Beta Phase 2 Now Live
- Square Enix, Inc. today announced that Beta Test Phase 2 for the PlayStation 4 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN is now live and ru...