EverQuest Next Cancelled and Landmark Release Date Announced
The statement hinted that the game was simply unviable:
In the case of EverQuest Next, we accomplished incredible feats that astonished industry insiders. Unfortunately, as we put together the pieces, we found that it wasn’t fun. We know you have high standards when it comes to Norrath and we do too. In final review, we had to face the fact that EverQuest Next would not meet the expectations we – and all of you – have for the worlds of Norrath.
On the flipside, EverQuest Next’s foundational game and predecessor, Landmark, has been announced for a Spring 2016 release. Daybreak acknowledges that it has tried to make Landmark a game of its own, and not just a building tool for EverQuest Next. An exact date has not been given. However, the price has been set at $9.99. An FAQ about the launch is available here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Aeria Games Announces Shaiya Phoenix
- Shaiya Phoenix is a new Shaiya experience, just announced by Aeria Games.
- FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Post-Launch Review
- It's been a few months since the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn launch. In anticipation for Patch 2.1, we offer it an updated look.
- Marriage in MMORPGs
- More and more games support in game marriages, but what's the point? Why do people get married in MMORPGs?