EverQuest Next Cancelled and Landmark Release Date Announced
The statement hinted that the game was simply unviable:
In the case of EverQuest Next, we accomplished incredible feats that astonished industry insiders. Unfortunately, as we put together the pieces, we found that it wasn’t fun. We know you have high standards when it comes to Norrath and we do too. In final review, we had to face the fact that EverQuest Next would not meet the expectations we – and all of you – have for the worlds of Norrath.
On the flipside, EverQuest Next’s foundational game and predecessor, Landmark, has been announced for a Spring 2016 release. Daybreak acknowledges that it has tried to make Landmark a game of its own, and not just a building tool for EverQuest Next. An exact date has not been given. However, the price has been set at $9.99. An FAQ about the launch is available here.
Articles You May Enjoy
- DC Universe Online: Origin Crisis DLC Pack Now Available
- Today, Sony Online Entertainment, LLC (SOE) releases the latest installment in the DC Universe™ Online (DCUO) saga -- Origin Crisis. In the ...
- Cross Fire introduces new guns and maps
- Cross Fire has introduced two new maps and several new guns with its update today.
- Uncharted Waters Online Opens the Door to Historical Korea
- Land, ho! Uncharted Waters Online, the historical massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG), sails into brand new territory with...