Entropia Universe will deliver Real Cash Gaming for Virtual Reality
Entropia Universe AB, the largest Massively Multiplayer Online Real Cash Economy (MMORCE) game, which over the last decade has set multiple Guinness World Records for Most Valuable Virtual Goods announced today that it is optimizing the Entropia Universe platform to fully Support Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 (DK2), Valve and HTC’s SteamVR and other immersive Virtual Reality platforms. Entropia Universe will provide developers with solutions for monetizing a wide variety of virtual games and applications in addition to its own award winning multi-planet MMOG universe. Entropia currently includes popular, independently-produced 3D Virtual Worlds such as Sci-Fi planets Calypso, Arkadia, Cyrene, and Arabian Nights inspired Planet Toulan, along with the Pop Culture world ROCKtropia with movie themed attractions that include KING KONG and ZOMBIE KONG produced by NEVERDIE Studios.
“With Facebook’s Acquisition of Oculus and Valve producing its own immersive experience with HTC, Virtual Reality is on the threshold of becoming the great entertainment medium of the new millennium,” said David Simmonds, Entropia Universe AB’s head of business development.
Entropia Universe has been live for over 12 years, setting world records and allowing players to enjoy unprecedented avatar longevity, secure virtual trading, a continuously evolving platform and content produced by independent game developers and major Hollywood studios. Entropia Universe’s proven leadership in the area of virtual monetization will play an essential role in the exciting future of Virtual Reality entertainment and they are committed to providing the solutions for monetization that are being looked for by both developers and the public.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeons & Dragons Online Review
- The game has done a wonderful job converting the classic tabletop role playing adventure into a virtual world.
- Conquer Age: Clash of Empires Now Available on Android
- NHN Entertainment USA Inc. and TOAST are proud to present Conquer Age: Clash of Empires, a time-traveling, globe-spanning war strategy game fe...
- Riot Games Reveals League Of Legends Championship Series
- Riot Games has announced that it will launch its own professional gaming league, League of Legends Championship Series, in 2013.