Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 Announced for 30 September
Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today announced the release date of Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 as 30 September.
Elite: Dangerous Beta 2 is a major gameplay upgrade to the Beta:
- Combat ratings from ‘Harmless’ all the way up to ‘Elite’.
- Reputations per system and galaxy-wide that influence attitudes and prices offered to you.
- Ability to discover and explore and scan new systems and sell the data on them.
- Detailed system maps.
- Around 500 additional star systems to explore.
- Lakon Asp Explorer ships added.
- Much greater variety of upgradable Life Support modules, Engines, Hyperdrives, Power Distributors, Sensors, Shield Generators and Cargo Racks for all ships.
- Ships are subject to gradual ‘wear and tear’.
- New weapons including mines and a new non-lethal missile-deployed cargo hatch disruptor for piracy.
- Outposts (small, exposed ‘roadside café’ stations in remote locations)
- Occelus starports, a version of which can move around for early civilization of new systems and space tourism.
- Visibility of other ships in supercruise, and track others through supercruise and hyperspace.
- Newsfeeds about events from the rest of the galaxy and player activity in your local system.
- All backers names (from the appropriate crowd-funding reward tiers) have been added to the NPC naming database.
It also includes a host of other improvements and optimizations including additional rock, ice and metal planetary ring types, a lot more music and some optional ‘simulator’ tutorials.
SLI/Crossfire support allows play in 4K ultra-high definition (with appropriate hardware).
David Braben, CEO of Frontier said, “We are excited for people to start playing Beta 2 on 30 September – it’s another major step forward in development, and the team continues to work hard towards the full release later this year.”
Elite: Dangerous will be released in Q4 2014.
For more info, visit http://elitedangerous.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Total War: Warhammer Press Beta Launch Preview
- WAAAGH!! That’s the last sound the victims of the Greenskins tend to hear.
- Ascend: Hand of Kul - Now Available on Steam
- Today, the gods have unleahsed Caos onto the world of PC Gaming. Signal Studios is proud to announce Ascend: Hand of Kul is now live and avail...
- It's Good to Be Bad in Marvel Super Hero Squad Online
- Double experience and purchase boost coming March 21-23, 2014 to Marvel Super Hero Squad Online.