Elite Dangerous: Beta 1 now available
Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) has released the first phase of the Beta development process of its forthcoming space epic Elite: Dangerous as planned. Beta 1 increases the number of playable star systems in the game by a factor of 10 compared to Premium Beta, and covers a greatly expanded 38,000 cubic light-year volume of Elite: Dangerous’ accurately modelled Milky Way galaxy centred around the Boötes constellation familiar to Premium Beta players.
The greater volume of Beta 1 space has an increased variety of celestial bodies, trading economies and star ports, and plays host to a large number of additional features and enhancements which together provide a richer gameplay experience over the whole expanded volume of space.
Significant Beta 1 additional features include:
· 55 star systems covering 38,000 cubic light-years
· Initial online mission system functionality (to be further developed through Beta)
· Player-to-player communication by text and voice
· Friends management and matchmaking
· Private Group play option
· On-line single player option
· Overview trade route mapping
· The concept of fuel consumption
· Docking computers to automate safe star port landings
· Additional Viper heavy fighter and Lakon Type 6 medium trader ships
For more info, visit http://elite.frontier.co.uk/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shining Empire: Coming to Xbox 360 / Xbox One
- After a roller coaster start to 2014, Shining Empire is back on track and now headed to Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
- Bigpoint and Fox team up for Ice Age Online
- Bigpoint announced today they are teaming up with Fox Consumer Products to bring players Ice Age Online.
- Forsaken World Closed Beta Phase 3 & 4 Announced
- The third and forth phases of closed beta testing have been announced for Forsaken World. Forsaken World is a free to play MMORPG by Perfect W...