Elite: Dangerous Available Now
Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV) today launched Elite: Dangerous, the fourth game in the groundbreaking, genre-defining Elite series.
Elite: Dangerous is the fourth in the Elite series of games, following on from the seminal 1984 Elite, developed by David Braben and Ian Bell, 1993’s Frontier: Elite 2, and 1995’s Frontier: First Encounters.
Elite: Dangerous was crowdfunded via Kickstarter and Frontier Developments’ own website, beginning in November 2012. Throughout 2014, backers have had access to the game’s Alpha, Beta and Gamma stages.
The story begins today with the Empire in disarray. The Emperor is sick and a bitter fight for succession has already begun. The Federation has a weak President, and some frontier States are looking to leave it.
Players are free to throw themselves into the story wholeheartedly, participate a little, or not at all. How players choose to respond will directly affect the outcome of the current events, and the unfolding story beyond.
Elite: Dangerous is available now at elitedangerous.com/store for £39.99 ($59.99, €49.99).
For more info, visit http://www.elitedangerous.com/
Articles You May Enjoy
- Age of Wonders III Theocrat Leader Class Revealed
- Triumph Studios reveals Age of Wonders III's Theocrat Leader Class, including class skills.
- Acaratus Pre-Launch Review
- Acaratus is a turn based game set in a medieval steampunk setting where you transform scrap metal into parts for your mechs.
- New World Interactive Unleashes INSURGENCY On Steam Today
- New World Interactive announces the early access launch of Insurgency on Steam.