Elf Online Shuts Down
This may be the first time many of you have heard of this particular free to play 2D turn-based MMORPG, but Elf Online seems like its down for good. No formal announcement has been made, and the official website is still live. So why the prognosis? Firstly, the latest news update is dated 2008. The official forum leads to a dead page, and we haven’t been able to log in after repeated attempts.
New players haven’t been able to register on the site for some time, and the game is still labeled as being in ‘open beta’ even after 2 years. Elf Online was very similar to a host of other 2D turn based MMORPGs like Myth War 2 Online, and Fairyland Online. Looks like this one just didn’t catch on.
HappyMMO, the publishers behind the game, should of made a formal announcement concerning the state of the game months ago. The admittedly small playerbase must of been confused and frustrated with the lack of transparency involved.
Have you played Elf Online? Heck, have you even heard of it? If so, leave a comment sharing your thoughts below.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Seldon Crisis: Kickstarter Campaign now available
- Chaos Interactive Ltd. today launched a 30-day Kickstarter campaign for the independent developer’s recently announced open world sci-fi MMO...
- Dead Effect Sequel Coming to Mobile in September
- Dead Effect was previously released on PC via Steam and the sequel is going mobile on iOS and Android.
- Neverwinter Infographic Highlights Shadowmantle Success
- Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios have released a new infographic, detailing the success of Neverwinter after its last major upd...