Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited to End Subscription Fees
Our prediction articles have come true sooner than expected as Bethesda Softworks has announced a conversion of their first test of the online gaming world, The Elder Scrolls Online, from its original subscription service into a buy to play model. With this announcement comes the reveal that the game is being ported to Xbox One as well as Playstation 4, with launch slated for June 9th, 2015. Bethesda claims these versions will offer all the same endless hours of existing gameplay already present on the PC version.
The conversion titled The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited will hit PC and Mac players on March 17th. From that point onward, only the initial purchase box price of the game will be required to enter the online realm of Tamriel. Instead of subscriptions, the games continued development will be funded through a new Crown Store offering convenience and customization items, as well as bonus DLC content. Those preferring paying a monthly subscription can enroll in the new ESO Plus program, offering all future DLC content, a monthly allotment of Crowns, and exclusive in-game bonuses.
Articles You May Enjoy
- ArcheBlade - Official Launch Set for April 2014
- Codebrush Games announced that their multi-player fighting game ArcheBlade will officially launch this April on Steam. Another announcement w...
- WildStar: Reloaded PAX Prime 2015 F2P Recap
- All told, this could be the model that Wildstar needed from the start; it’s harder and harder these days to run a pay-per-play model like Wo...
- CI Games and Bandai Namco Announce Enemy Front Limited Edition
- BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. and CI Games, have announced a limited edition version of Enemy Front, the new first-person shooter action gam...