eGenesis Announces Beta for Dragon’s Tale, a Gambling MMORPG
eGenesis, developers of A Tale in the Desert announce their next game, “Dragon’s Tale.” As the first MMORPG based on real-money gambling, Dragon’s Tale brings a creative and intensely social experience to online gambling. Lead designer Andrew Tepper (“Teppy”) explains:
“The first thing that stuck me about online gambling today is that it’s a pretty lonely experience, typically one player in a web browser, watching a 2D slot machine. I’ve taken what I’ve learned in the last 15 years building MMORPGs and for the first time applied that to gambling. I’ve created an intensely social world where players can explore the game world together, share techniques, and rely on each other as they level up by completing gambling quests.”
“Furthermore, every game in Dragon’s Tale is novel, and is designed for a 3D environment: You can tip cows, hunt for Dragon’s Eggs, catch fish, run monkeys through mazes, feed ducks. There are 60 different games so far, with new ones being added all the time, and every one of them is a new take on gambling. About half the games are luck-based and half are skill-based.”
In addition to quest-based levels, Dragon’s Tale features a complex tournament system, a student/mentor system, and a form of player-controlled governance that will be familiar to those that have played A Tale in the Desert.
Dragon’s Tale offers a free trial, and for those that wish to gamble, supports Bitcoins and credit cards. Beta testing begins Friday, July 12, 2013 at Noon EDT.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dark Blood Battle Pets Premier Today
- The first six battle pets have arrived in Dark Blood in today's update.
- Nether Launches Territory Wars Game Feature
- Today, Nether Productions announces that these tribes can now compete for control of the city by capturing strategic buildings to reap resourc...
- Osu! Game Review
- The Osu! client itself is no more than 20 MB, but only comes with a short tutorial and a tiny selection of songs.