EA Announces Shut Down of Four Online Games
Electronic Arts (EA) has announced today that it will be shutting down four games: Battlefield Heroes™, Battlefield™ Play4Free, Need for Speed™ World and FIFA World. Each game will be open for 90 more days before shutting down completely.
In the statement, posted by Patrick Söderlund, EA said:
“In more than five years since most of these titles launched, how we play games has changed dramatically. These were pioneering experiences, and we’re humbled that, over the years, so many of you joined us to enjoy the games and the community. While we say farewell to these free-to-play titles in the next few months, we are always exploring new concepts and ways to bring great games to more players around the world.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Team Fortress 2 Review
- Team Fortress 2 is one of the best games to ever hit the free to play market.
- New World of Warplanes Tutorial Video Takes Off
- Wargaming is excited to introduce a new tutorial video aimed to educate beginner pilots on the highly anticipated action MMO World of Warplane...
- Armored Warfare: Premium Commander Available for Holidays
- Obsidian Entertainment and publisher My.com are ringing in the holiday spirit by giving away a brand new, premium commander to all players who...