EA Announces Shut Down of Four Online Games
Electronic Arts (EA) has announced today that it will be shutting down four games: Battlefield Heroes™, Battlefield™ Play4Free, Need for Speed™ World and FIFA World. Each game will be open for 90 more days before shutting down completely.
In the statement, posted by Patrick Söderlund, EA said:
“In more than five years since most of these titles launched, how we play games has changed dramatically. These were pioneering experiences, and we’re humbled that, over the years, so many of you joined us to enjoy the games and the community. While we say farewell to these free-to-play titles in the next few months, we are always exploring new concepts and ways to bring great games to more players around the world.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Conquer Online: "2nd Ninja War" update coming August 12th
- On August 12, Conquer Online will witness the 2nd Ninja War break out in an incredible fashion, and introduce the new Epic Weapon to the commu...
- Divinity: Original Sin Enters Beta
- Larian Studios has unleashed a massive update for Divinity: Original Sin on Steam Early Access, taking the game into beta while adding loads o...
- Heroes of the Storm Probius in Review
- After watching the teaser video for Probius, I was really looking forward to getting my hands on this funny little probe.