E3 2015 Hosts Record Breaking Year, Announces 2016 Details
More than 52,200 video game professionals, analysts, journalists, and enthusiasts, representing 109 countries attended this week’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) the Entertainment Software Association (ESA) announced today at the close of E3 2015. On display at the premier global video game event were more than 1,600 products from 300 exhibitors. ESA, which owns and produces E3, also revealed that E3 2016 will take place June 14-16 in Los Angeles at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
“More than any other E3, this year was about the gamer. E3 demonstrated both the remarkable transformation of entertainment taking place on all video game platforms—virtual reality, augmented reality, hardware, mobile and handheld—and awesome games,” said Michael D. Gallagher, president and CEO of ESA. “As a driving force for technological and entertainment trends across the globe, the video game industry clearly demonstrated how it is revolutionizing the way people consume, engage and interact with media. Congratulations to our incredibly creative exhibitors, members, partners and the millions of video game consumers who celebrated a spectacular E3 event.”
With an astounding 6.3 million posts on Twitter alone, E3 broke records for social media numbers across all channels. Engagement on Instagram topped previous records with over 7.5 million likes on E3-related posts this month. Twitch, E3’s official streaming partner, reported that more than one half million concurrent viewers watched the E3 press conferences. In addition, more than one million E3-related videos were posted to YouTube.
Also announced during E3, a blue-ribbon panel of industry professionals and experts selected The DigiPen Institute of Technology as winner of the 2015 E3 College Game Competition with its winning video game, RumbleTV. Finalists for the competition included entries from The Academy of Art University, The University of Utah, Brigham Young University and Savannah College of Art and Design.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Shaiya Under Siege in the Iron Invasion
- Aeria Games, a leading global publisher of free-to-play online games, has announced the Iron Invasion, the latest content update for the fan-f...
- Vampire Tribunals Reveals "The Hidden World of Vampires"
- Clazz Games, a mobile video game publisher, and developer Raincrow Studios announced today the launch of Vampire Tribunals. Featuring mobile m...
- Wargaming Marks 15 Years in Gaming with Big Announcements
- Wargaming, the award-winning videogame developer and publisher, has announced a new business unit in North America and shed light on future pl...