Dungeons and Dragons Online Update 5 Goes Live
The official Dungeons and Dragons Online servers went down briefly in anticipation for the release of Update 5, a massive new patch that brings many new features to the free to play MMORPG. Well the servers are back up now and the patch notes are eve more extensive than I imagined. It’s difficult too long to paste here, but fans can take a look for themselves by using the link below:
DDO was originally released as a subscription based game, but Turbine took it free to play in 2009. The results were so spectacular that they have now decided to convert their other major MMORPG, The Lord of the Rings Online into a f2p title. It is expected to make the transition later this year.
Hopefully more publisher will follow Turbine’s lead and ditch the mandatory subscription model!
Airships – Now in DDO!
Articles You May Enjoy
- Fragmented March Patch Summary Available
- Fragmented, the break-off survival game from The Repopulation, has released its monthly newsletter.
- Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Launches Worldwide
- Blizzard Entertainment announces the launch of Diablo III's first expansion, Reaper of Souls.
- Star Trek Online Launches Season 6
- Perfect World Entertainment has released Star Trek Online's latest major update, Season 6: Under Siege.