Duelyst Open Beta Arrives
Counterplay Games, a new studio helmed by veteran developers from Blizzard Entertainment, Riot Games and Insomniac Games, today announced that Duelyst, the highly-anticipated tactical turn-based multiplayer strategy game, is now in open beta worldwide and available to play for free on PC and Mac immediately at www.duelyst.com. Duelyst is expected for full release in early 2016.
Duelyst lets players choose from six factions, each with their own unique minions, positioning capabilities and play styles to unleash battle in a 1v1 match between two online opponents. The game features over 350 collectible battle units and spells and a rich dynamic storyline offering infinite possibilities and replayability.
Featuring distinct and strikingly beautiful character designs and game environments created by lead artists Glauber Kotaki (Rogue Legacy) and Christophe Ha (Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Diablo III) and a veteran game design team, including creative director and producer Keith Lee (Diablo III, Ratchet & Clank) and legendary board game designer Eric Lang (XCOM, Blood Rage, Dice Masters, Warhammer, Game of Thrones, The Others: 7 Sins), Duelyst offers the best of tactical combat gameplay mixed with strategic collectible card game depth. Competitive matches last between five and ten minutes, focusing on fast-paced high action and exciting decision-making.
Initially funded as a Kickstarter project, Duelyst doubled its initial pledge goal before being Steam Greenlit. Duelyst pays homage to classic tactics games where positioning and thoughtful planning matter. Gameplay in Duelyst is turn-based, with players taking turns to cast powerful spells, equip mighty artifacts, or summon deadly minions to move and attack on the battlefield on their behalf.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Free-to-play News in Review - 10/2/2015
- What looked like it might be a quiet week for our little niche of gaming news still ended up leaving us with some gems to report on.
- RuneScape Player Power Sees Easter Replaced With Cabbage Facepunch
- RuneScape players vote for a cabbage-themed, gorilla-filled Easter event.
- Sega Europe Acquires Amplitude Studios
- SEGA Europe have today announced the acquisition of the award-winning French game development outfit, Amplitude Studios.