Dual Universe: Novaquark Raised 7.4M in Funding
Dual Universe raised over 670k last year, becoming the third highest-funded game on Kickstarter. As of this year though, they received 3.7 million from private investors, bringing their flagship game’s funding to 7.4million dollars, including crowdfunding. This is an unprecedented, gigantic number for an indie game, and the Alpha is expected by the end of Q4 of 2017. C Baillie, CEO at Novaquark said that “With this new round of funding, we have reached a new level of support that will help the project reach its full potential”. The game is ambitious on its own, with a single universe on a CSSC [continuous single-shard cluster], a voxel game on this scale has never been seen before. They want it to be the premiere, the greatest, the one-stop shop for user-generated entertainment, to create this vast ecosystem amplification system not unlike social networking. Players will be free to create their own environments, their own stories. It’s ambitious and with this funding, it just might come to pass.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Turbine and Major League Gaming Partner for Infinite Crisis
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, through its developer Turbine, Inc., and Major League Gaming (MLG), the world’s largest eSports leag...
- Fifth World Of Warplanes Developer Diary Released
- Wargaming has released the fifth in its series of developer diaries for World of Warplanes.
- Shot Online Celebrates Eight Years
- GamesCampus has released details on the celebrations taking place for the eighth anniversary of Shot Online.