DCUO adds one million
The first numbers have come in from Sony Online Entertainment, revealing that DC Universe Online has gained a total of one million new players in the first week of its free-to-play launch. These players are split equally between PS3 and PC platforms.
The free-to-play DC Universe Online experience lets players have up to two characters and access all main game content, excluding some downloadable additional content.
Sony Online Entertainment also publishes Free Realms and EverQuest II.
DC Universe Online Gameplay Screenshot
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE REGISTERS 1 MILLION NEW PLAYERS WITH FREE-TO-PLAY TRANSITION
“DC Universe Online‘s transition to free-to-play has been welcomed by the community and gamers with heroic enthusiasm. In just one week alone, 1 million new players have joined DCUO with a 50/50 split between PC and PS3,” said Lorin Jameson, Executive Director of Development, SOE Austin. “DCUO now joins the ranks of SOE’s other successful free-to-play titles, including Free Realms and Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures.”
Jameson added, “Our business model philosophy of Free to Play Your Way makes DCUO accessible to every type of player so they can choose to play the game in a way that suits them best. We have a lot of exciting things coming up for players to enjoy in the game and are thrilled at the initial enthusiasm for the game’s free-to-play transition.”
Articles You May Enjoy
- Tribal Wars puts Speed Championship in Knockout
- Tribal Wars has begun the Knockout Phase for its International Speed Championship 2012.
- Dragon Quest Builders Launch Review
- So your ultimate goal is to build civilization back to its former glory and finally defeat the Dragon Lord.
- SMITE Reveals Sol as Next Norse Goddess
- Hirez Studios has revealed on their livestream patch notes new itemization changes, Halloween events, and even a new Norse Mage Goddess, Sol!